A GOOD to KNOW:
A recent report from the National Center for Health Statistics concludes that 35 percent of adults exercise regularly (more than 6 out of 10 do not), and nearly four in 10 are not physically active. Lets do our part and make a change today. Lack of exercise and poor diet can increase the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. The CDC (Center for Disease Control), estimates that “about 112,000 deaths are associated with obesity each year in the United States.” However, this estimate will change in the future for better or worse. If we make life changing decisions now, ‘we the people’ can make a world of difference.
- Start out slowly and build up muscle endurance and cardiovascular conditioning gradually over a period of time.
- Make leisure time active - gardening, walking, ride a bike with family and friends, participate in an exercise class, join a Weight Loss Challenge today.
- Select activities you enjoy that give you a feeling of accomplishment. Success leads to increased motivation.
- FYI be sure your activities are compatible with your physical ability. Be realistic, if you have a heart condition sky diving may not be the activity. Most of all have FUN!
Weight Management Tips:
- Drink a glass of water before meals.
- Eat smaller portion meals 3-5 times daily
- Consume nutrient dense foods such as whole grains, lean protein, fruits, and vegetables
- Eat slowly, chew your food the first stage in digestion.
- Drink a healthy Herbalife Formula 1 meal replacement twice a day for weight loss.
Healthy Approach to weight management:
- Enjoy a variety of foods that will provide essential nutrients.
- three- quarters of your meals should be vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean proteins, and good fats such as nuts, Olive oil, and Omega-3 fish oil.
- Eat in moderation and balance. Enjoy your favorite foods or beverages such as pizza, beer,chocolate, etc.